social media marketing….aaww mom do i have to???
Social Media Marketing….aaww Mom do I have to???
What are your first thoughts when you hear social media?
Word of mouth?
What the heck do Facebook and Twitter have to do with my business?
Most everyone has something to say about Social Media. It’s interesting – some of our clients are social media extraordinaires – they know how to use it, when to use it, and what to expect of it. And some of our clients want to run and hide under a desk to get away from having to do it.
Kicking off your social media can be an overwhelming undertaking. But it is uber-important to get it going as quickly as you can. Your clients will expect you to have it, just as they expect you to have a website with a .com address.
Here are a few important factors to keep in mind when it comes to Social Media:
1. First and foremost, it’s not a waste of time…it’s an investment as any other form of online marketing should be.
2. Earned media – that’s what social media marketing is all about. It means you have earned your followers, not paid for them. It will be your most dependable, faithful, genuinely interested group you could market to!
3. Social Media helps with brand awareness, drives customer service to be top notch, and is relatively inexpensive.
4. It’s a great way to get your younger staff involved in your brand. They know how to navigate their way through the social media masses of tweets and timelines. Encourage them to train themselves on how to best use their knowledge to promote your brand. That being said…(go to number 5…)
5. …The college intern you hired for the summer should not be given free reign to post whatever comes to mind the quickest. The more authentic your message, the more authentic your following and the bigger impact social media will have for your company.